Sights on Success Consulting offers a Coaching Program to foster Leadership Development in Intercultural Competence. The goal of the program is to help teams and individuals grow their Intercultural Competence to reach and match their DEIA and Reconciliation aspirations and goals.
- The coaching program begins with the team members completing an intercultural assessment. Sights on Success Consulting uses a premium assessment tool called the Intercultural Development Inventory® (IDI)®. (See References at the end of this page.)
- Then, the team members will attend a feedback session whose goal is to increase understanding about their collective capability to navigate cultural differences.
- Next, the team will design an Intercultural Development Plan. The IDP will be targeted to the team’s collective developmental orientation of Intercultural Competence to ensure level-appropriate learning objectives, methods, and content.
- Once the IDP is confirmed, the team will sign a Coaching Agreement to initiate the coaching partnership. The coaching agreement will include the responsibilities of both the coach and coachees and the coaching schedule. A minimum of a 6-month commitment is recommended to allow for growth.
- When the coaching program is completed, the team members/coachees will take a follow up assessment and attend a feedback session to ascertain the growth that has occurred.
The coaching program is also available for individuals and follows a similar process.
What to do next?
For inquiries and to book an appointment about the Coaching Program, click here to go to the Contact page.
Hammer, M.R., Bennett, M.J. & Wiseman, R. (2003), The Intercultural Development Inventory: A measure of intercultural sensitivity. In M. Paige (Guest Editor), International Journal of Intercultural Relations, 27, 421-443
Angeline Chia has been an excellent resource for me in pursuing my professional development goals, particularly in Intercultural Competence. Angeline has coached me through exploring workplace solutions and has provided the IDI Assessment, debriefing, goal setting, IDI reassessment and professional development planning. In this and other roles, Angeline has demonstrated a very high level of professionalism and commitment to her clients. I will continue to work with Sights on Success Consulting this year as they provide leadership coaching that will help to further my Intercultural Development. This will significantly contribute to my effectiveness in my role as a public school EAL Teacher.
Loretta Paoli, EAL teacher