Sights on Success Consulting offers an Assessment and Feedback Program to foster Leadership Development in Intercultural Competence. The goal is to help individuals and teams design and implement a plan to grow Intercultural Competence to reach and match their DEIA and Reconciliation aspirations and goals.
- Sights on Success Consulting offers the IDI (Intercultural Development Inventory®) to measure intercultural competence. The IDI® was designed by Mitchell Hammer, Ph.D. and tested rigorously for reliability and validity. (See References at the end of this page.) The IDI® is available online and takes about 15 to 20 minutes to complete. It consists of 50 multiple-choice questions.
- Sights on Success Consulting offers the Team Feedback Workshop to increase understanding about the IDI results and create an action plan to help the team meet its DEIA and Reconciliation goals. The workshop typically takes 3 hours to complete.
- Teams may also arrange an individual feedback and planning session which typically lasts about 30 to 45-minutes.
- Teams and individuals may also engage in a coaching program that will help them grow Intercultural Competence to meet their DEIA and Reconciliation goals. The coaching program typically lasts about 6 to 9 months. Read more.
- The follow up assessment is scheduled to take place after the coaching program is completed. The goal is to ascertain the team or individual’s growth in Intercultural Competence.
What to do next?
For inquiries and to book an appointment about the Assessment and Feedback Program, click here to go to the Contact page.
Hammer, M.R., Bennett, M.J. & Wiseman, R. (2003), The Intercultural Development Inventory: A measure of intercultural sensitivity. In M. Paige (Guest Editor), International Journal of Intercultural Relations, 27, 421-443
Our CMHA Sask. Division Management Team have had the privilege of working with Angeline on examining our Intercultural Competence, identify both gaps and areas of strength. We found Angeline to be very knowledgeable and able to guide us through a process that will strengthen our work going forward. I am very pleased to recommend Angeline to anyone wanting to enter into this process. She is very professional, thorough and communicates well. She was a pleasure to work with.
Phyllis O’Connor, Executive Director, CMHA SASK. Division
Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI) assessments were offered to our unit and facilitated by Angeline during the winter of 2020. Angeline led a group of 30 persons through the theory, assessment, evaluation, coached and guided several of us through an independent improvement plan. It was hard work and worthwhile work. Angeline was well organized, well versed, modelled intercultural competence well throughout our discussions and she was open to having further discussions to ensure understanding.
It was not until I had the opportunity to take the IDI assessment a few years later, saw the improvement in the results and made the linkages to the work that I was doing intentionally and unintentionally that I was able to understand Angeline’s full impact to what she gave to our unit and more importantly – me.
Deirdre Monaghan, Executive Director, IPMA-AIGP Canada (formerly Manager, Strategic Operations Human Resources, Health and Social Services, Government of Yukon.)